Candidate survey response from Brad Pearson, running for Assembly District 41.
1) Will you vote for or sponsor legislation to allow the tax-free medicinal use of cannabis upon the recommendation of a physician? Question 1) I am in favor of legalization for medical reasons but I am undecided on not taxing it I believe there’s a strong tax income base there.
2) Will you vote for or sponsor legislation to create a taxed and regulated market for recreational cannabis products?
Question 2) I am in favor of the complete legalization of Cannabis and taxing it to the benefit of Wisconsin.
3) Will you vote for or sponsor legislation allowing adults in Wisconsin to grow up to ten cannabis plants for personal use? Question 3) Growing Ten plants in the home? Why not?
4) Will you vote for or sponsor legislation to allow Wisconsin farmers’ to grow agricultural hemp for the industrial and commercial markets?
Question 4) Commercial growing? Do you realize Wisconsin was at one time the biggest producer of Cannabis for making rope? Hence “ditch weed”. So why can’t we return to commercial production for any reason, consumption or otherwise?
5) Will you vote for or sponsor legislation to allow for the expungement of prior marijuana convictions?
Question 5) Expungement for users only yes. For Solicitors or Dealers, you will have to convince me that is the proper solution.