Candidate survey response;
Heidi Fencl for State Assembly running in WI Assembly District 89.
1) Will you vote for or sponsor legislation to allow the tax-free medicinal use of cannabis upon the recommendation of a physician?
2) Will you vote for or sponsor legislation to create a taxed and regulated market for recreational cannabis products?
3) Will you vote for or sponsor legislation allowing adults in Wisconsin to grow up to ten cannabis plants for personal use?
4) Will you vote for or sponsor legislation to allow Wisconsin farmers’ to grow agricultural hemp for the industrial and commercial markets?
5) Will you vote for or sponsor legislation to allow for the expungement of prior marijuana convictions?
The quick answer is that I support legislation and would vote with all five areas that you question, with my strongest support for 1, 4 and 5. There are many other issues that are higher priority for my district and so I don’t foresee sponsoring legislation (other than perhaps adding my name to a list of sponsors for the three I mentioned) but I would vote in favor.
**update ** 10/24/2016:
I’ve been thinking a lot about my responses to the survey and would like to change my responses slightly. They remain unchanged for questions 1, 4 and 5, but I realize that I need to do more research to fully understand the implications of 2 and 3. I am open to both, but should they come to a vote while I was in assembly I would want to further check what has happened in states that have passed such bills and also further evaluate contradictory information about the implications